3 extra days of vacation
Internal International Opportunities
Learning and Development
Fully provisioned kitchen
Backend Engineer - Paddy Power Betfair
Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What You'll be Doing...
You will be part of team which is Customer Obsessed and whose thrill is to be part of Core of Sportsbook Business and provide the best features to our customer.
As a Software Engineer, you are part of a Software Development Team, responsible for the full lifecycle of an application. Reporting to a Delivery Manager in a PaddyPowerBetfair team formed by 5 Developers and 1 QA, you will be using cutting-edge technologies to deliver amazing value to our customers, while scaling our platform to meet the demands of the US market. You will be required to program well-designed, testable, efficient code to solve business needs, as well as testing and documenting the implemented solutions. You will have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive the scalability, performance and stability of our platform.
Team player on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale and with demanded quality to support our products; • Execute full software development life cycle;
• Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to support the Product Owner with requirements and the team with solutions;
• Write well-designed, testable and efficient code;
• Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility;
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system;
• Develop unit, component and integrated tests, with the guidance of team's QA;
• Document and maintain software functionality;
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems;
• Deploy applications in a Continuous Integration platform;
• Ensure software is updated with latest features / versions in a timely manner.
What We're Looking For...
Experience working Java (preferable, 8+) or similar OOP language
Experience working with a high concurrency/high transactional platform
Used to work with Client-server protocols such as SOAP, REST;
Experience of using established design patterns;
Experience working with Kafka and message queueing systems;
Knowledge of Scala, Akka, memcached, Apache Storm, Apache Cassandra, ZooKeeper;
Awareness and experience in using agile methodologies.
Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love;
Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
Excellent communicator, common sense and a passion for the art of problem solving.