3 extra days of vacation
Internal International Opportunities
Learning and Development
Fully provisioned kitchen
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What You'll be Doing...
As a Software Engineer, you are part of a Software Development Team, responsible for the full lifecycle of an application. Reporting to a Delivery Manager in a FanDuel team formed by 5 Developers and 1 QA, you will be using cutting-edge technologies to deliver amazing value to our customers, while scaling our platform to meet the demands of the US market. You will be required to program well-designed, testable, efficient code to solve business needs, as well as testing and documenting the implemented solutions. You will have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive the scalability, performance and stability of our platform.
• Team player on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale and with demanded quality to support our products;
• Execute full software development life cycle;
• Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to support the Product Owner with requirements and the team with solutions;
• Write well-designed, testable and efficient code;
• Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility;
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system;
• Develop unit, component and integrated tests, with the guidance of team's QA;
• Document and maintain software functionality;
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems;
• Deploy applications in a Continuous Integration platform;
• Ensure software is updated with latest features / versions in a timely manner.
What We're Looking For...
•Experience working Java (preferable, 8+) or similar OOP language
•Experience working with a high concurrency/high transactional platform
•Used to work with Client-server protocols such as SOAP, REST;
•Experience of using established design patterns;
•Experience working with Kafka and message queueing systems;
•Knowledge of Scala, Akka, memcached, Apache Storm, Apache Cassandra, ZooKeeper;
•Awareness and experience in using agile methodologies.
• Passion for building a great consumer product that our customers will love;
• Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
• Excellent communicator, common sense and a passion for the art of problem solving.