3 extra days of vacation
Internal International Opportunities
Learning and Development
Fully provisioned kitchen
This role is to work on one of our FanDuel sportsbook platform teams. FanDuel is the premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers.
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What You'll be Doing...
As a DevOps Engineer, you are part of a DevOps team, responsible for the Cloud Automation tools and Application Deployment processes for FanDuel Sportsbook Platforms. Reporting to a Delivery Manager in a team formed by 5 DevOps Engineers, you will be using cutting-edge cloud automation technologies to support our Sportsbook Platform development, maintenance and monitoring, while scaling our cloud platform to meet the demands of the US market. You will be required to create well-designed, testable, efficient tools to solve deployment and delivery needs, as well as testing and documenting the implemented solutions. You will have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive the scalability, performance and stability of our platform.
• Team player on an Agile team, working together to keep delivering at pace, scale and with demanded quality to support our products
• Execute full software development life cycle
• Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to support the software teams with requirements and the team with solutions
• Write well-designed, testable and efficient code
• Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
• Document and maintain software functionality
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
• Deploy applications in a Continuous Integration platform
• Ensure software is updated with latest features/versions in a timely manner
What We're Looking For...
• Linux systems administration, including bash, python or ruby scripting experience;
• Configuration management experience, preferably ansible or chef;
• Experience working with Kafka and message queueing systems;
• Knowledge of Scala, Kafka, memcached, Apache Storm, Apache Cassandra, ZooKeeper;
• Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery experience, preferably in Jenkins and GoCD;
• Experience of using established design patterns;
• Awareness and experience in using agile methodologies
• Technical experience in managing a highly available and highly scalable cloud environment;
• Hands-on knowledge of container orchestration;
• Strong desire to automate and simplify your way out of technical challenges;
• Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
• Excellent communicator, common sense and a passion for the art of problem-solving.