3 extra days of vacation
Internal International Opportunities
Learning and Development
Fully provisioned kitchen
The DevOps Engineering Manager is accountable for a DevOps Engineering team working on the Cloud Automation tools and Application Deployment processes for FanDuel Sportsbook Platforms. You will passionately lead a team of 5 DevOps engineers, using cutting-edge cloud automation technologies to support our Sportsbook Platform development, maintenance and monitoring, while scaling our cloud platform to meet the demands of the US market. Using lean and agile methodologies, you will be responsible for the pace, scale and performance of your team. Having a technical background, with experience in all aspects of Cloud Automation and Continuous Integration processes will set you up for success.
Reporting to the Director of Sportsbook Platforms, you will also be accountable for hiring, performance appraisal and reward of your team, focusing in helping your people define their career path and goals for short and long term.
Your exceptional communication skills will be key, not only to lead your team through a challenging, continuously changing environment but also on your constant interactions with a diverse group of stakeholders.
What You'll be Doing...
Leadership & People
• Lead, inspire, motivate and line manage a DevOps team
• Coach, hold 1 to 1s, set and review objectives, appraise performance, and assist with career development, ensuring effective performance management
• Lead a ‘build and support with high quality' culture that is results-oriented and takes accountability
• Responsible for achieving and sustaining people's engagement
• Meet ambitious timelines while balancing business risks and trade-offs
• Drive the team to continuously improve processes in always changing environment
• Maximize employee retention through motivation and strong management
• Understand intimately the dependencies between components and how they combine to deliver service to the end consumer and to the business
• Consistently apply significant knowledge of Agile/Lean within the team to continuously improve the team pace, efficiency and quality
• Serve as liaison between your team and key stakeholder(s)
• Execute, plan and manage changes as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Manage the review of infrastructure requirements within the team and provide feedback to other Managers and other change originators
• Provide technical direction for design, development, testing and deployment from definition phase through planning, implementation and maintenance
• Understand and balance commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities
• Easily recognize system deficiencies and lead to effective solutions
• Continuous improvement of processes through automation of common procedures, and implementation of standards, processes and checklists
• Prioritize tasks throughout all phases of the project lifecycle
• Lead a culture of technical approach documentation and preparation of software development and QA estimates
• Actively measure and review the Productivity, Velocity, Quality and Duration of delivery, taking prompt corrective action where necessary
• Own the Cloud Solution and its tools in terms of being fully accountable for the efficiency, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant roadmap, as well as Incident Management
• Work closely with Sportsbook Platforms Delivery Managers, key business customers, stakeholders, external partners and all groups within Technology
• Organization to implement, evolve, support and own the Cloud solution and tools to appropriate quality standards
• Work closely with DevOps teams and colleagues in FanDuel Group to adopt shared technology practices
• Clearly communicate and promote strategies, roadmaps, dependencies and plans for the Cloud solution and supporting tools
• Own the Cloud solution lifecycle and be responsible for managing all risks
• Manage all technical resources and capacity plans within budget and project schedule
What We're Looking For...
• At least 5 years of proven track record of leading and managing teams on complex engineering projects, using agile methodologies
• Experience working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and the infrastructure delivery of these
• Experience working with Cloud Infrastructures and Cloud Automation solutions/tools
• Managing the development of a team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each team member's defined career path, as much as possible
• Using defect tracking systems
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, particularly with regard to technical risks, issues and constraints
• Strong leader and energetic motivator
• Work well under time and environmental pressures
• Demonstrate senior principles, leading by example, showing work ethic and passionate, professional attitude
• Proven track of project management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Portuguese)
• Team player, who strives to maximize team performance
• BSc or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable knowledge.
We´d love to see...
• Proven track record of leading and managing DevOps team
• Proven track record of Incident Management
• Release management experience
• Background in working in a Continuous Integration (or Delivery) environment
What You'll Get in Return...
Our passion has helped us take the betting industry by storm. So we think it's only fair that you enjoy excellent rewards.
The Fun Stuff
The Boring Stuff
There is more, but we won't go on...