3 extra days of vacation
Internal International Opportunities
Learning and Development
Fully provisioned kitchen
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What You'll be Doing...
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineering Manager to provide testing expertise to a subset of adjacent development teams in a product area and to deliver test infrastructure and tooling. You are responsible for the execution of the team and the management of the QEs that report into that team. You own the co-ordination of QEs to test projects across development teams. You implement an efficient operating model for testing experts to help within adjacent product / service development verticals. You also own the day-to-day management of software delivery and of test infrastructure. You help scope development efforts, identify risks, and effectively prioritize deliverables. You make sure your team has adequate time to design the right solutions.
What We're Looking For...
Leadership & People
• You will manage a Quality Engineering team that supports a significant subset of development teams in a product or service vertical, a sufficiently complex product or a team that manages a significant area of test infrastructure.
• You own the co-ordination of Quality Engineers (QEs) to testing projects across a set of development teams that serve a large or set of FanDuel products or services.
• Coach, hold 1 to 1s, set and review objectives, appraise performance, and assist with career development, ensuring effective performance management.
• Lead a ‘delivery with high quality' culture that is results oriented and takes accountability.
• You set in a working culture with Software Engineering Manager peers in product or service verticals to ensure that development teams self serve in matters of testing in a broader set of more complex changes.
• Meet ambitious timelines while balancing business risks and trade-offs.
• Drive the team to continuously improve processes in always changing environment.
• Responsible for taking part in the recruitment process identifying the best candidates and providing a great candidate experience.
Qualifications & Abilities
• A strong technology background delivering or testing software as an individual contributor or manager.
• Serve as liaison between Quality Engineering team and key stakeholder(s).
• Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated strong experience in effective test planning and execution.
• Demonstrated strong experience in delivering high quality test infrastructure/harnesses against products or services.
• Demonstrable strong experience of testing in service oriented architectures and understand data flow through such systems.
• Understand and balance commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities.
• Continuous improvement of processes through automation of common procedures, and implementation of standards, processes and checklists.
• You can demonstrate/illustrate an understand of relatively advanced solution architecture including system design, data design and data flow.
• Lead a culture of technical approach documentation and preparation of software development and QA estimates.
We hope you have
• Using agile methods for software delivery.
• Working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and the quality assurance of these.
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, particularly with regard to technical risks, issues and constraints. • Strong leader and energetic motivator.
• Work well under time and environmental pressures.
• Demonstrate senior principles, leading by example, showing work ethic and passionate, professional attitude.
• Methodical approach to problem solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Portuguese).
• Team player, who strives to maximize team performance.
• BSc or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable knowledge.
We´d love to see
• Proven track record of Incident Management.
• Release management experience.
• Background in working in a Continuous Integration (or Delivery) environment.
• Background in working with a DevOps culture.
What You'll Get in Return...
Our passion has helped us take the betting industry by storm. So we think it's only fair that you enjoy excellent rewards.
The Fun Stuff
The Boring Stuff
There is more, but we won't go on...