3 extra days of vacation
Internal International Opportunities
Learning and Development
Fully provisioned kitchen
This role is to work on one of our FanDuel Sportsbook platform teams. FanDuel is the premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers.
• Delivering product at scale for over 5 million customers, 99,9% of transactions in less than a second
• Our systems process more than 7 million transactions every day (more than all the European stock exchanges combined)
• Deliver high transitional products, serving more than 2.5Bn calls a day
• Diverse and up to date technical landscape to explore, leverage and innovate
• The products you'll develop will comply with ambitious uptime targets: less than 50 minutes downtime expected per year
• Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing
What You'll be Doing...
The Delivery Manager is accountable for a Software Engineering delivery team and its software delivery. You will passionately lead a team of 5 software engineers and 1 QA engineer to deliver amazing value to our customers. Using lean and agile methodologies, you will be responsible for the pace, scale and performance of your team delivery. Having a technical background, with experience in all aspects of software delivery processes, from inception to release, will set you up for success.
Reporting to the Director of Sportsbook Platforms, you will also be accountable for hiring, performance appraisal and reward of your team, focusing in helping your people define their career path and goals for short and long term.
Your exceptional communication skills will be key, not only to lead your team through a challenging, continuously changing environment, but also on your constant interactions with a diverse group of stakeholders.
Leadership & People
• Lead, inspire, motivate and line manage a multi-disciplinary software development team;
• Coach, hold 1 to 1s, set and review objectives, appraise performance, and assist with career development, ensuring effective performance management;
• Lead a ‘delivery with high quality' culture that is results oriented and takes accountability;
• Responsible for achieving and sustaining people's engagement;
• Meet ambitious timelines while balancing business risks and trade-offs;
• Drive the team to continuously improve processes in always changing environment;
• Maximize employee retention through motivation and strong management.
• Understand intimately the dependencies between components and how they combine to deliver service to the end consumer and to the business;
• Consistently apply significant knowledge of Agile/Lean within the team, namely Scrum methodology, to continuously improve the team pace, efficiency and quality;
• Serve as liaison between delivery team and key stakeholder(s);
• Execute, plan and manage changes as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
• Manage the review of product requirements within the team and provide feedback to product owners and other change originators;
• Provide technical direction for design, development, testing and deployment from definition phase through planning, implementation and maintenance;
• Understand and balance commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities;
• Easily recognize system deficiencies and lead to effective solutions;
• Continuous improvement of processes through automation of common procedures, and implementation of standards, processes and checklists;
• Prioritize tasks throughout all phases of the project lifecycle;
• Lead a culture of technical approach documentation and preparation of software development and QA estimates;
• Actively measure and review the Productivity, Velocity, Quality and Duration of delivery, taking prompt corrective action where necessary.
• Own products and/or components in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant roadmap, as well as Incident Management;
• Work closely with the key business customers, stakeholders, external partners and all groups within the Technology
• Organization to implement, evolve, support and own the software and system components to appropriate quality standards;
• Clearly communicate and promote strategies, roadmaps, dependencies and plans for products and/or components;
• Own the product lifecycle and be responsible for managing all delivery risks;
• Manage all technical resources and capacity plans within budget and project schedule.
What We're Looking For...
• At least 5 years of proven track record of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams on complex software projects;
• Using agile methods for software delivery;
• Working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and the quality assurance of these;
• Managing the development of a team by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each team member's defined career path, as much as possible;
• Using defect tracking systems;
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, particularly with regard to technical risks, issues and constraints;
• Strong leader and energetic motivator;
• Work well under time and environmental pressures;
• Demonstrate senior principles, leading by example, showing work ethic and passionate, professional attitude;
• Proven track of project management;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Portuguese);
• Team player, who strives to maximize team performance;
• BSc or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable knowledge.
• Proven track record of Incident Management;
• Release management experience;
• Background in working in a Continuous Integration (or Delivery) environment;
• Background in working with a DevOps culture;
• Experience working with Cloud Infrastructures.